- 0 - 11 years
- 19 - 24 years
- Child & Family Support
- In-person - Group
- In-person - One-to-one
- Online - Group
- Online - One-to-one
Unit 11B Axis Business Pk Clara Rd, Tullamore, CO. Offaly, Other R35 HF99
Parents First office is open from 9.30 am until 2 pm Monday to Friday.Website
Open Up is not a crisis service. If you or someone you know needs immediate help please contact one of the services below immediately.
If someone is hurt or in danger call the emergency services straight away. Emergency services can be contacted at any time by dialling 999 or 112 in Republic of Ireland or 112 in Europe.
Parents First (Laois, Offaly) CLG is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the well-being of families
with young children. Its mission is based on the premise that ‘children need a happy and secure childhood in which parents play a key role in their physical, emotional, intellectual and social development’.
Its specific objectives are to:
• optimise well-being, empowerment and active social relationships for parents with young children.
• provide emotional and practical support for parents in order to have a positive effect on the parent’s well-being, coping capacity and resilience which can act as a buffer to stress when coping with the everyday challenges of parenting.
Volunteers offer families with an identified need regular social/emotional support and practical help in the family home.
1. Home visiting- weekly visits to the family home
2. Family morning groups- weekly in Tullamore Library from 10 am until 11.30 am
3. First-time Parents Group- weekly in Tullamore Library from 11.30 until 1 pm
Before this website came along, we weren’t sure what services were available locally and how to access them. It’s great to now see them all listed in one place with lots of useful information and contact details.